JFC announces winners of Local Grants program
November 04, 2013
New York--Voting for Jewelers for Children’s (JFC) retailer-driven Local Grants program has closed, and the organization has released the list of the 10 winning charities.
The recently launched program set aside $100,000 to fund 10 grants of $10,000 each for charities that benefit children across the country.
Retailers nationwide had the chance to nominate a charity of their choice, and then it was up to them to motivate others to vote.
According to JFC, 30 charities in total were nominated. Voting took place between Oct. 15 and 30, and the 10 organizations with the most votes were announced Thursday.
Here are the 10 winning charities, followed by the retailers that nominated them.
1. Carrie Lynn Children's Center in Rockford, Ill.; nominated by Gruno’s Diamonds
2. Matthew’s Giving Tree Foundation in Sayville, N.Y.; nominated by Kay Cameron Jewelers
3. The Coffee Oasis in Bremerton, Wash.; nominated by Dahlquist’s Fine Jewelry
4. Youth Enrichment Services in West Islip, N.Y.; nominated by Harel Jewelers
5. Connor Flanagan Foundation in Boston; nominated by Charles Frederick Jewelers
6. Camp Sunshine in Casco, Maine; nominated by Day’s Jewelers
7. Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Georgia Chapter in Atlanta; nominated by J.C. Grant Company
8. American Family Children’s Hospital in Madison, Wis.; nominated by Goodman’s Jewelers
9. Kenny Rogers Children’s Center in Sikeston, Mo.; nominated by Bo’s Jewelry & Pawn Shop
10. Camp Imagine in Avon Lake, Ohio; nominated by Peter & Co. Jewelers
The jewelers who nominated the winning charities will have the opportunity to present their organization with the JFC grant directly. They will be awarded before Dec. 31, 2013.