Jewelry Fashion Reports
Pantone reveals prominent colors for fall
New York--Color authority Pantone has published its Fashion Color Report for fall 2013, naming the 10 hues that it says will be prevalent in the fashion, design and technology industries.
“The consumer will enjoy the ability to change their ‘look’ and try a new approach to their wardrobe for brisk days ahead. The fall 2013 palette allows for that versatility and experimentation,” Pantone Executive Director Leatrice Eiseman said.
The colors are as follows.
1. Emerald, also Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2013, brings “luxury and elegance to the palette.”
2. Mykonos Blue, “a bold, meditative blue for a classic and relaxed fall look.”
3. Linden Green “brings a lightness and brightness to the deeper shades of fall.”
4. Acai “adds mystery and richness to the palette, and can be incorporated with the other colors to create a number of powerful fall combinations.”
5. Samba, “red for an expressive and dramatic look.”
6. Koi, “a decorative orange with dazzling and shimmering qualities, is a statement color that serves as a pick-me-up for your wardrobe.”
7. Deep Lichen Green, “a naturally lush shade of green, for a dynamic juxtaposition that captures both ends of the seasonal spectrum.”
8. Vivacious, “an unruly and wildly deep fuchsia, adds an ebullient sensuality to the palette.”
9. Turbulence, “a dark mercurial gray.”
10. Carafe, “a rich, glamorous brown, (that along with Turbulence) provides more interesting and sophisticated alternatives to the black basics usually worn in colder months.”